The beautiful Local History Museum is just a stone throw away from the commercial center in the town of Pargas. 

The museum is run by the local history association founded in 1928 and the museum buildings, which have been moved to their current location from several places in Pargas, display different aspects of the old rural class society and domestic peasant culture. The typical peasant in the area was often involved in many different activities like  livestock raising, dairy production, fishing, limestone burning and various crafts besides the agricultural activities.

The museum´s site

Ulkorakennuksia ja nurmialueella puuhevosia.


Opening hours 2022

June 1st – August 31st

Mondays to Sundays 11AM – 4PM

Closed during Midsummer 24th – 26th of June.


Adults 4€

Children free admisson. A guide is available for all visitors. Group visitations can also be prebooked at other times. A additional  50 euros fee will be charged for scheduled bookings outside visiting hours.

Contact details
  • Storgårdsgatan 13, 21600 Pargas
  • +358 (0)24581452